This position provides direct supervision of a group of children in summer day camp. The staff member can expect:
- plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with the YCA values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring
- adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
- attend staff meetings and trainings
- follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
- maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
- At least 18 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings
- Camp hours are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. but extended watch times are from 7 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 5 p.m.