The Water Exercise Instructor is responsible for the well being and the safety of the program participants in the classes they are teaching. The instructor will teach a well balanced exercise class that provides class participants with a safe class that helps to guide them to the goals of the particular class. The instructor is also responsible for carrying out all aquatic policies and procedures.
- Current CPR/AED certification or obtain within 4 weeks of hire
- Current First Aid certification or obtain within 4 weeks of hire
- Provide a current copy of above certifications to the Operations Director
- Current PA Criminal Background Clearance
- Current PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Current FBI Fingerprint Clearance
II. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to assigned class
- Set up pool and equipment needed for class
- Follow all pool rules and procedures
- Avoid any contraindicated exercises during class
- Start and stop class at the scheduled time
- Be properly dressed for class.
- Keep music at a level that is loud enough for enjoyment, but not so loud that the class cannot hear your voice and instructions.
- Be personable and positive with members.
- At conclusion of class, put all equipment away & return pool (lane lines) to proper set up.
b. TIME SWIPE CARDS
- Punch in/out for every shift worked. Explain any extra hours to the supervisor.
- Obtain his/her own approved substitute if unable to work as scheduled. Let Aquatic Coordinator know “who” will cover in your absence.